Due to the processed nature of commercial chocolate, it has gotten a bad rap. No wonder with the copious amounts of sugar, popping candy, jelly, flavours, caramel, syrups – the list goes on.
This is NOT real cacao. Real cacao is a super food. Real cacao is sacred. Real cacao, in its pure form is nothing short of a gift from mother earth.
People are finding out the truth about the health benefits, and are now educated! We’ve been consuming it all wrong. We need to strip it back to the basic and reap the incredible benefits of cacao.
Cacao — Unprocessed Raw Husks, Powder, Nibs — reduces the risk of cardiometabolic disorders, such as coronary heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome along with related problems like hypertension, elevated fasting glucose and triglycerides, high cholesterol, and abdominal obesity.1
In one study, the highest levels of chocolate consumption were associated with a 37 percent reduction in cardiovascular disease and a 29 percent reduction in stroke compared with the lowest levels!2
We’ve even seen research stating that it may lower your risk of heart attack, stroke and chronic degenerative diseases.
The caffeine and theobromine in cacao have been shown to produce higher levels of physical energy and mental alertness, and there are likely many more healthy cacao compounds that have yet to be discovered. Here are just some of the benefits conferred by the cacao bean.3
- Anti-thrombotic, including improving endothelial function
- Lowers Alzheimer’s risk
- Anti-diabetic and anti-obesity
- Reduction in C-reactive protein
- Cardioprotective, including lowering blood pressure, improving lipid profile, and helping prevent atrial fibrillation
- Improved liver function for those with cirrhosis
- Improves gastrointestinal flora
- Reduces stress hormones
- Reduces symptoms of glaucoma and cataracts
- Slows progression of periodontitis
- Improves exercise endurance
- May help extend lifespan
- Protects against preeclampsia in pregnant women
To top all that off, it creates bliss. Chocolate contains anandamides, named after the Sanscrit word for “bliss,” which is a neurotransmitter in the brain that temporarily blocks feelings of pain and anxiety.
So the next time you get your chocolate cravings, instead of going to the supermarket aisle, put on the kettle and enjoy some Tribal Flame cacao husk tea instead!